Posted on December 4, 2009 by Francis X Acunzo
Allergan is spearheading a website to speak out against the cosmetic tax being proposed by Congress as part of the healthcare bill. This site is very informative and educational. I highly recommend that everyone spend time reviewing the information and joining in on speaking out against the cosmetic tax. Thank you Allergan for taking a lead on this issue.
There is also a coalition comprised of 22 medical and medical professional organizations that oppose taxes on medical procedures. The coalition partners are dedicated to access to appropriate and safe medical care. There is information on this group on the site as well.
Please take the time to peruse the site and speak out against this tax. http://stopcosmetictax.org
Filed under: General Business, Legal & Regulatory | Tagged: allergan, botax, botox, cosmetic surgery, cosmetic tax | Leave a Comment »
Posted on August 21, 2009 by Francis X Acunzo
Every Aesthetic Medical Practice and Medical Spa needs to have an experienced Health-care Attorney to support their business. With the ever changing regulatory environment, the difficulties of navigating today’s employment laws, and the complicated corporate structures it is essential to have expert legal advice available to you at all times.
Here is a short list (though not a complete list) of what you need legal support for:
- Insure that you have the correct Corporate Structure that meets all laws and regulations
- Preparation of Partnership Agreements, and Buy/Sell Agreements
- Review of your Employee Handbook to insure compliance with federal and state labor laws
- Advice on Employee issues i.e. disciplinary actions, terminations, new employee policies
- Developing your Employment Contracts, Confidentiality and Non-compete Agreements
- Review of Advertising and Promotions to insure regulatory compliance
- Review of all Real Estate Leases
- Review of long-term contracts including but not limited to: equipment leases, service agreements, etc.
Filed under: General Business, Legal & Regulatory, Risk Management | Tagged: aesthetic medical practice legal, medical spa consultants, medical spa consultants - acara, medical spa legal, medical spa regulatory, medspa consultants, medspa consultants - acara, medspa legal, medspa regulatory | 3 Comments »