Posted on August 21, 2009 by Francis X Acunzo
Every Aesthetic Medical Practice and Medical Spa needs to have an experienced Health-care Attorney to support their business. With the ever changing regulatory environment, the difficulties of navigating today’s employment laws, and the complicated corporate structures it is essential to have expert legal advice available to you at all times.
Here is a short list (though not a complete list) of what you need legal support for:
- Insure that you have the correct Corporate Structure that meets all laws and regulations
- Preparation of Partnership Agreements, and Buy/Sell Agreements
- Review of your Employee Handbook to insure compliance with federal and state labor laws
- Advice on Employee issues i.e. disciplinary actions, terminations, new employee policies
- Developing your Employment Contracts, Confidentiality and Non-compete Agreements
- Review of Advertising and Promotions to insure regulatory compliance
- Review of all Real Estate Leases
- Review of long-term contracts including but not limited to: equipment leases, service agreements, etc.
Filed under: General Business, Legal & Regulatory, Risk Management | Tagged: aesthetic medical practice legal, medical spa consultants, medical spa consultants - acara, medical spa legal, medical spa regulatory, medspa consultants, medspa consultants - acara, medspa legal, medspa regulatory | 3 Comments »
Posted on June 1, 2009 by Francis X Acunzo
In business we need to take risks in order to have reward. The higher the risk the higher the reward. Whether you are investing in a new location, adding a new technology, or re-positioning your business there is a certain amount of risk. Why take the risk? Well, if you succeed you will make more money (the reward).
But not all risks are worth taking. Not being adequately insured, being under-insured or worst of all not having insurance is a risk that a business should never take. It is critical, especially in a more complex business model, like the two entity Medical Spa that your business be properly and adequately insured.
The reason for today’s post is my concern that there are many Medical Spas with insurance issues. We have noticed when Acara does an insurance review, for a new client, 50% of the time there are problems ranging from under-insured situations all the way up to no insurance at all.
As a business owner or operator you must make a point of gaining the knowledge necessary to access your insurance needs and properly protect your business.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me.
Filed under: General Business, Risk Management | Tagged: medical spa consulting - acara, medspa consulting - Acara, medspa insurance, spa business, spa consulting - Acara | Leave a Comment »