Francis X Acunzo (FXA) has over 25 years of experience and a wealth of knowledge in the spa, retail healthcare, hospitality, beauty, and fitness industries. As an entrepreneur, business owner, operator and investor, Mr. Acunzo possesses a critical perspective and an ability to provide visionary leadership to a variety of industry opportunities.
As CEO of various spa, health and wellness companies he and his team have executed upon 24 acquisitions involving over 60 spa and club locations, completed over 100 feasibility studies, operated a national chain of 22 Day Spas and managed a West Coast chain of 37 medical spas.
Mr. Acunzo is known for his firsts in the industry: In 1999, Mr. Acunzo had the vision to create the industry’s first consolidation of day spas aggregating almost $50M in annual revenue through the acquisition of 22 of the best spas in top U.S. markets. In 1996, he opened the country’s first medical spas through a merger between his Spa Company and Candela Laser, one of the leading cosmetic laser manufacturers in the U.S. In 1991 he was the first spa operator to place lasers into spas. In 1985 he led the development of the first resort spa in the Northeast at the Norwich Inn in Norwich, CT.
Mr. Acunzo is a noted industry speaker presenting keynote addresses, seminars and webinars at many industry events, conferences and conventions including:
- Medical Aesthetics Conference & Expo
- International Esthetics Cosmetic & Spa Conference (IECSC)
- The Medical Spa Society Web Education
- International Health, Racquet and Sportsclub Association (IHRSA) Annual Convention
- International Spa Association (ISPA) Annual Conference.
In addition he is actively published and has been a contributing writer for:
- Club Business International
- Spa Business International
- Massage Magazine
- Medical Spa Report
- American Spa Magazine
He has also guest lectured at:
- Cornell’s School of Hotel Administration
- Babson College’s School of Business
- Boston University’s School of Hotel Management
- Quinnipiac University’s School of Business
Mr. Acunzo is very active with industry associations participating on the board level with the following organizations:
- Board Member for the Medical Spa Society 2003 – present
- President of the ISPA Foundation 2003 – 2004
- ISPA Foundation Board Member 2000 – 2003
- Board Member of the ISPA Board 2003 – 2004
- Member of the Advisory Board for the Day Spa Association 1996 – 2002
- Chairman of IHRSA’s Spa Advisory Council 2000 – 2001
- Member of the IHRSA Spa Advisory Council 1998 – 2000
Mr. Acunzo holds a BS degree in Business Administration from Providence College, Providence, Rhode Island. He resides on the beautiful Connecticut Shoreline with his wife and 2 boys.