Planning… boring, unsophisticated, nerdy, so yesterday – right? . . . Wrong! Without a plan how do you know where you’re going. Without a plan you are very likely to waste valuable time, energy and money.
It’s almost 2009 and if you don’t have a marketing and promotions plan yet – WAKE UP! Get going, because this is no time for snoozing on the job. Speaking of jobs, with the economy still in a tenuous situation, this is no time to be asleep while your competition sneaks up and whispers in your client’s ears. Work harder than you ever have – if not, there’s someone else ready to take your place; actually there are probably 2 or 3 people ready and able to take your place.
Back to the planning — if you need some guidance, then follow these steps for medical spa / aesthetic practice marketing success:
- Vision & Mission – Why, What, Who, How and Where?
- Brand – What do your stakeholders say, think and believe about your med spa or practice?
- Customer – Who Your Primary Target Audience? Age, Sex, Geography, Income, etc…
- Competition – Perform a Competitive Analysis and Secret Shop Your Top Competitors
- Trends – Uncover Service and Product Trends and Decide what to Incorporate and what to Drop.
- SWOT – Understand your Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities & Threats
- USP – Unique Selling Position – What makes you better than your competition? If you only work on one thing – this would be it! You have to know why your med spa or aesthetic practice over your competitors.
- Marketing Strategy – Positioning, Pricing, Promotions and Advertising
- Marketing Budget – Determine what you need to accomplish your sales goals
This is a lot of work – but it’s worth it. It may be the difference between ringing in 2010 or not.
P.S. If you need help – give me a shout!
Filed under: General, Marketing, Strategy | Tagged: aesthetic practice marketing or advertising, cosmetic practice advertising or marketing, esthetic practice marketing or advertising, marketing planning for medical spas and cosmetic aesthe, med spa advertising, Med Spa Marketing, medical spa marketing | 2 Comments »